Thursday, October 20, 2005

Go

The title of this blog is derived from my high school nickname. Nearly all of my friends, the soccer team, and at least two-thirds of the student body referred to me as "Crazy". I'm not sure I earned that moniker, but that's what they called me nonetheless.

One of our graduation-related events was a dinner with seniors and their parents. The students who organized and MC'd the event came up with dozens of original "awards" for the seniors. These weren't voted on like those traditional yearbook designations, "Most Likely to Succeed", "Class Clown", "Most Athletic", etc.; they were just thought up to highlight the unique characteristics of some of the graduates. I was set to attend USC in the fall, which was rare for our high school in eastern Washington State, so I was given the "Crazy Trojan Award".

Nobody has called me "Crazy" since then, except when I run into high school classmates from time to time. I find it amusing.

No comments: